Liquid Boot® is a two component spray applied system designed specifically to quickly and permanently seal contaminated sites prior to construction. These sites, typically referred to as Brownfield sites, include landfills, reclaimed land, converted petrol stations, dry cleaners, etc.
Liquid Boot seals and protects against potential exposure from gases including methane and chemical contamination from industries such as chemical and petroleum production and storage.
- When applied the product completely covers all protrusions such as venting, pipe work, steel work, concrete protrusions such as columns, pads, etc. This is almost impossible using sheet materials such as HDPE, butyl rubber, polypropylene, bentonite liners, etc. The problem with sheet materials is not one of the material itself, which at least in the cases of HDPE, LLDPE and polypropylene, can be excellent. The problem with all sheet materials is the integrity of the product when fastened to walls, footings and protrusions.
- Liquid Boot is fast to install. The biggest problem facing construction over contaminated sites is the time it can take to install a sheet material which meets specification. As installation of sheet materials can often take weeks or months and deployment is restrained by weather conditions and restricted by site preparation.
- Liquid Boot can be applied to any surface type including service channels, below footings, above footings, walls, etc. The very types of surfaces which make other methods extremely time consuming to per form.
- A single Permathene installation crew is able to install 800 m2 per day over any type of prepared site. As the speed of installation is unrestricted by protrusions and contours, an accurate cost of construction can be estimated by the QS. This is almost impossible when using sheet methods which will create friction between owner and specifier.
Liquid Boot® has been approved by the Auckland City Council as a product for below-grade waterproofing and gas barrier, and by, CSIRO (Australia) and the US Board of Building and Safety Commissioners as liner for canals, ponds and reservoirs for repairs and construction, brownfield (contaminated site) and landfill liner and gasproofing membrane as well as waterproofing of decks, roofs, retaining walls and balconies.
Underslab Waterproofing Liquid Boot®
- Underslab Waterproofing System is designed to handle the most difficult challenges. Application of the Liquid Boot® waterproofing system is a simple process. A geotextile fabric is laid onto the prepared subgrade, such as crushed stone, soil, mudslab or another geotextile fabric. Liquid Boot® is then spray applied onto the geotextile fabric to the specified thickness. After the membrane has fully cured and has been thoroughly inspected, Liquid Boot UtraShield P-150 is applied as a protection course prior to the installation of reinforcing steel and concrete.
Fully Adhered and Fully Sealed Membrane
- As a spray applied membrane, Liquid Boot® offers an efficient and effective underslab waterproofing system. Liquid Boot® is sprayed directly onto pipe penetrations and other protrusions such as footings, grade beams and pile caps to create a water tight seal.
Over 25 Years of Proven Performance
- Liquid Boot® has a long tradition of successful waterproofing applications with proven performance.
Permathene's technical experts design the membrane system with custom details and specifications. Permathene works with architects, engineers and contractors in the design of various membrane systems.
The Liquid Boot® waterproofing system is designed and engineered to provide the most effective blindside waterproofing protection available today. The Liquid Boot® system is cold-spray applied directly onto lagging by first installing a drainage layer and a geotextile fabric onto the lagging, and then applying the Liquid Boot onto the geotextile. The "blindside" wall is then poured directly onto the Liquid Boot® membrane. Liquid Boot® can be applied directly onto sheetpile or shotcrete shoring. As with lagging wall applications, the wall is then poured directly against the Liquid Boot® membrane. With the Liquid Boot® system you can now effectively envelope the entire below grade structure from the positive side and protect it from the damaging effects of water.
Adheres to Concrete Walls
- Concrete or shotcrete is applied directly against the Liquid Boot® waterproofing membrane and will adhere once the concrete or shotcrete is fully cured.
Applicable for Sheetpile
- Liquid Boot® can be applied directly to sheetpile without having to build "false forms" or puncture through the sheetpile to secure the waterproofing.
Versatile and Functional
- The Liquid Boot® system is designed to accommodate the irregularities of lagging, sheetpile, shotcrete and other surfaces. It is a single monolithic membrane system without cumbersome mechanical overlaps or attachments of dissimilar materials.
Spray Applied For Efficient Application
- The Liquid Boot® membrane bonds directly to concrete, block wall and other substrates. As a spray applied system, Liquid Boot can be applied quickly and easily and is designed to handle common irregularities in the substrate.
Seamless, Monolithic Waterproofing Membrane
- The Liquid Boot® system offers all the benefits of an adhered, spray applied, seamless waterproofing membrane.
No VOCs or Solvents
- Liquid Boot® is water based, has no fumes, no VOCs and no solvents. Liquid Boot® is the product of choice for any project where water tightness and sensitivity to the environment is an objective.