HDPE is produced on state-of-the-art 3 layer extruders to 7.0 m and 8.0 m wide rolls to ISO 9001. The product is available in smooth ranging in thickness from 0.5 mm to 2.5 mm, and textured ranging in thickness from 1 mm to 2.5 mm. The material is manufactured to strict specifications with all testing in accordance with ASTM and GSI standards.
- Mining: An HDPE geomembrane can prevent contamination of water and soil by providing a highly resistant barrier to chemicals produced during the extraction of precious metals.
- Landfills: Highly resistant to hazardous chemicals HDPE has long been the lining of choice for this application. Used as either primary or secondary containment/ caps with or without GCL.
- Irrigation Canals: To prevent water loss from seepage of water for man-made canals.
- Tanks: Steel and concrete tanks are easily lined to prevent seepage loss. Also used as secondary lining under tanks in the petrochemical industries.
- Hot Wedge Welding: The primary method for sealing HDPE is on-site by fusion using a portable hot wedge welder. The wedge melts the overlapped surfaces between pressure rollers. This produces a permanent homogeneous seam with an air channel which allows for pressure testing. During testing a successful weld is stronger than the material (the sample material will break before the weld peels apart).
- Extrusion Welding: This is used for all repairs and detail work such as pipe boots and protrusions. We use copper wire in our extrusion welds to reduce the possibility of defects for spark testing.
Although studies have proven that geomembrane failure is caused primarily during the covering stage from earth moving equipment, trucks, etc, an unacceptably high number (almost 20%) of failure is caused by poor workmanship during the welding stage.
We can provide geotechnical engineers to assist designers during any stage and to ensure all QA/QC is completed in accordance with specification as well as to monitor our own ISO 9001, 14001 Standards.
Permathene installation crews pay particular attention to detail and follow proven methods to ensure long-term success of the geomembrane liner. Foremost in any successful geomembrane installation is good design. Success of any lining system is dependent upon this.
Manufactured and tested to conform with GRI GM13.